Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
How to change the admin email in WordPress
In This Article
The email address found in Settings > General is where the default contact form is sent.
You change your admin email address as follows:
- Go to Settings > General.
- Add your new email address
- Click Save Changes.
- You will be sent an email to your new address to confirm the change.
The email address won’t change until you click on the link in the confirmation email.
Spam filters, especially strict ones for institutional email addresses, may block the emails from your blog. If you don’t receive this email you need to check your spam folder and may need to use an alternative address.
- Log into your email account and click on the confirmation link.
You must be logged into your WordPress account in the same web browser as your email inbox when you click on the link otherwise it won’t update the email address.
- When it has been successfully updated you will see the new email address in Settings > General and no longer see the Pending change of admin e-mail message.