Why reCaptcha is setup on your Lead Gen site and why you need it
What is reCaptcha?
reCAPTCHA is a free service that protects your site from spam and abuse. It uses advanced risk analysis techniques to tell humans and bots apart. Humans can read the distorted text in ‘CAPTCHA challenges’ but current computer programs cannot.
We set up this service for all lead gen websites we provide.
CAPTCHA is an acronym for Completely Automated Public Turing Test To Tell Computers and Humans Apart.
How to Set up
You can set up your own Google reCAPTCHA account here: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/v3.html
When creating a new reCaptcha key for your website, you can follow these steps:
- Login to your Google account
- Click the + to add a new key
- Provide a name/label [Fig. 1]
- Select your reCaptcha type (reCAPTCHA v3 is currently the best selection) [Fig. 1]
- Add your domain (without https://www) [Fig. 1]
- Check to accept the reCaptcha Terms of Service [Fig. 1]
- Click Submit [Fig. 1]
- You are now provided a site key and a secret key to use on your form. [Fig. 2]
- Copy/Paste your new reCaptcha keys to your WordPress form.
NOTE: If you are using a Full Throttle Built for You site from Yroc -or- Contact Form 7 as your primary form, you can add the reCaptcha keys in the backend of your website by going here: Contact –> Integration –> reCaptcha